Time is the most valuable asset when you are involved in any criminal cases. Thus, it is essential to find a criminal lawyer specialist who can help you get freedom out of jail. But, before you begin your hunt for a good criminal lawyer, it is imperative to have a list of questions that you need to ask him/her.
Ask him about his background and experience:
In your first meeting with a criminal lawyer specialist, it is essential to know about the previous cases he/she has attended. In addition to this, you must ask about his experience and the success ratio of the cases he participated in.
Follow this list of questions for better understanding:
- When did you graduate?
- How long have you been practising criminal law?
- How familiar are you with the charges framed against me?
- How long will you attend in the court for my cases?
- Ask about his affiliations and how long has he been practising at the local courts and at the high courts?
- You should also check if he has a sound knowledge of criminal law and terms
- It is important to check the license and certification of the legal agency if you are hiring one from the same.
Assessment of your case:
It is very imperative to know about the capability of the criminal lawyer specialist before you hire him/her. To get an idea about their skills, you can ask him the following questions:
- How long will you be able to represent me?
- How sure are you about winning my case?
- Do you have options available when the opponent charges me with false claims?
- If you have some questions, will you call me or any other representative will call me on your behalf?
Case management is one of the most important that you must look into before hiring a criminal lawyer specialist. Your criminal lawyer must have proper knowledge about case management. He should know how the case logistics are handled. Following are some of the questions you should ask him/her about the case management:
- Will you always be available to represent me?
- What are my legal options?
- How often can I call you in case I am in any doubt?
- Will you be able to get all the evidence in favour of my case?
- How long do you think the case will run?
Criminal cases are not only time consuming, but they are also pretty expensive. Thus, before finalizing a criminal lawyer specialist for your case, it is very to know about the fee charged by the lawyer. Thus, it is essential to have proper knowledge about the fee your lawyer will charge.
Following are some of the questions you need to ask your lawyer regarding fee:
- Do you charge a fee on an hourly basis or a flat fee?
- How much time will you devote to my case?
- Do I need to pay you in instalments or you want all the payment at the same time?
Getting stuck with a criminal case can be quite challenging. But getting stuck with a wrong criminal lawyer specialist can be much more challenging. Thus, before you hire a criminal lawyer, get ready with a list of questions that you need to ask him/her. We hope you get the best criminal lawyer specialist who can help you get the justice you deserve. Defence in the court, retainer fee amount and what will be the case in case the accused suffers from mental illness are some of the components that you must check out while conversing with the lawyer.