Porcelain veneers are the best solution that will help people in achieving the look they desire. This is popular among people who have teeth that are not correctly aligned, misshaped, teeth that are chipped, and gaps between the teeth.
In order to give a classical look to the teeth, dental veneers are wafer thin covers that stick to the teeth. There are many brands of veneers that are available in the market. People can talk to their dentists in order to select the right kind of veneer. One more reason why veneer is famous is that they improve the smile of the individual.
The Process Steps to Place a Porcelain Veneer on the Teeth
The steps listed below will show how the porcelain veneer should be applied on the teeth. Since this is a critical procedure, one should understand these steps in detail in order to place the veneer properly.
- Trimming – The trimming of the tooth should take place in such that the enamel trim thickness is equal to the porcelain veneers that will be placed in the teeth.
- The Shade – The shade guide helps in matching the porcelain veneers to the color of the teeth.
- The Impression – After the process of trimming, the dentist will take an impression of the teeth and the gums. This impression will help in fabricating the porcelain veneers.
- A Temporary Veneer – During some cases, the porcelain veneers will take 1-3 weeks to be made. In these cases, a temporary veneer can be used until the actual veneer is made.
- Actual Veneer Placement – If the temporary veneer is placed, it has to be removed during the actual procedure of placing the veneer.
- Veneer Bonding – Once everything is settled, the dentist can bond the veneer in its place.
- Final Steps – Once the veneer is bonded, all the steps are complete. An evaluation should be carried out to ensure that the bonding is proper.
- Follow-up Appointment – After the completion of the procedure, the patient should visit the dentist for a follow-up appointment.
All these steps have detailed pros and cons that a dentist needs to follow while performing them. If a dentist is nervous in performing each step, it is best to look for an experienced dentist to perform the procedure.
How to Take Care of Your Veneers?
Taking care of porcelain veneers is easy for people who have had braces on their teeth. There are some tips for people who do not know a lot about veneer care.
Even though porcelain veneers are durable, they can break and chip over time. Normal food does not usually make any difference at all but chewing on hard substances, like pens, ice, and bones should be avoided.
Similar to natural teeth, porcelain veneers can be stained, as well. Hence, the user should be wary of stain creating objects or foods, as well. Some of the usual culprits of stains are smoking, coffee, wine, berries, soda pop, and many more. It is best for the user to give up a habit like smoking because not doing so helps in keeping the teeth white and strong for long.
Bruxism is the process of constantly grinding the teeth. Users should take care of this too, in order to ensure that they do not grind away their teeth. This weakens the teeth and the porcelain veneers and increases the cost of replacement.
Participating in physical sports like football, basketball, and many more can cause a downfall in the overall health of the teeth. Hence, the user should make sure that the teeth are protected. Looking at the tips given, it is easy to maintain veneers. However, one should properly take care, no matter what.