Most of us are aware that concrete is one material which plays an important role in society as it is used for most building and construction projects. This material is beneficial in more than one way and thus used for building many types of infrastructures.
Some of the uses of concrete are:
- Commercial Buildings: Wide range of patterns and colors are available in concrete, these are on demand for any commercial outlets. These are used by architects due to the many possibilities of designs offered, affordability and energy efficiency. This works out a favored choice for engineers due to the maximum energy and environmental performance. The developer chooses concrete as a material which is economically priced and offers benefits on a long-term basis. Investors are assured of curb appeal for the visitors with this material. The building works out low maintenance due to the use of concrete.
- Residential Buildings: Using concrete in a residential outlet works as a major factor for safety issues. Concrete is one material which does not burn like wood. This also works well for rough weather conditions, making it a ‘safe’ choice. Unlike other materials used in residential complexes, this material does not release any VOC, making it a healthier option. There are fewer repairs needed with the use of this material as it does not rot or get affected by humid and moist conditions. Insects and rodents are a major problem for homes; concrete does not attract this and can be possibly termed as a repellant.
- Bridges: HPC or high-performance concrete works opt for the construction of bridges as this is not only durable but also requires less or no maintenance. Replacing a bridge made of concrete can be done in a day’s time. These bridges can last for almost a century.
- Sewers: Due to the durability factor and the strength of this material, concrete works well for sewers.
Using Concrete in a home:
You have an option of using concrete not only for the flooring in the home but also for tabletops, countertops, sinks and even accessories required in a home.
The Advantages of Concrete:
There are multiple advantages of using concrete in different applications.
- Concrete is one material which tends to gain strength over the passing of time and does not get affected by moisture or humidity. This material can withstand any natural disasters without getting affected.
- As this material is inert, non-porous and compact there are no chances of mold or other similar problems.
- This is one material which works out as an ‘affordable’ choice as it does not cost as much to produce this.
- As compared to other building materials used, the emissions of CO2 with concrete are relatively less.
- Concrete is considered an energy efficient option as this requires less energy for production as compared to the other materials.
- Using concrete for buildings can help in regulating the temperatures as this material provides a large amount of thermal mass.
Choosing suppliers of concrete can be easy if you conduct an online search. You have different suppliers listing their services and products here. Ensure you choose a supplier who offers some sort of a guarantee on the quality of concrete provided. It is advisable to compare the different prices before making a choice. This can help in saving some money. This is one material which is prized for its durability and strength, thus needs to be chosen with care and caution.