The Transmission of a car is a complex mechanical system, which controls and transfers the power from the engine to the driveshaft. The car transmission faces more wear and tear than other parts due to heat and friction produced the interacting components. Generally, car transmissions contribute largely to your cars’ function. In simple words, it can be said that they drive your engine’s power and help for the smoother working of the engine, especially the gears that rotate through various speeds. Car transmission repair exhibit very distinct sensation and sound which indicates that some part is not working properly. As soon as the driver can sense that something is not right with the car, immediate care should be taken to find out the cause.
It is difficult to an untrained eye of an average driver to judge and determine the problem. Car’s inner working can be compared to the working of a human body. Diagnosing what is troubling your car may be a difficult thing to understand. When our stomach starts aching we immediately try to remember what we ate last. Same kind of consideration is to follow in determining your car’s condition. The moment you feel that something is wrong with the car; you have to find the problem and fix it.
Major issues may arise if the symptoms of a problem are not checked by professional car transmission repair service as soon as they occur. Transmission problems that should not be ignored-There are five types of transmission problems that require the immediate help of car transmission repair service.
- Rough shifts-When you are driving in a particular gear and feel that the gear is changing without any reason, there is a whining sound from the engine. Also, when you hear a thud sound during gear shifting you need to visit a car transmission repair
- Transmission Slipping-Sometimes while driving if you feel that the accelerator is not functioning properly and it is struggling for speed.
- Delayed engagements-When the engine is started it shows a delay before it actually engages in drive and moves forward.
- Fluid leak- Transmission system is generally made in such a way that they are sealed and should never have fluid leaks. Determine if there are any leaks by noticing leak spots on your driveway or garage floor. Before refilling the transmission fluid, be careful to follow the factory specifications as overfilling may lead to the bigger issue. A problem that often hinders the working of the car is low fluid level. More than often, the culprit here is a transmission leak caused due to issues in the pan gasket. P0700 is a code that indicates a general transmission problem.
- There is a check engine light blinking in your car that helps to know about any malfunctioning of the internal system and it is safe to get your car diagnosed by a professional transmission car repair
The considerations for repair:
You should consider and research in your locality for the car transmission repair shop. If you are not comfortable driving your car to the Car transmission service, you can get it towed in. Most car transmission repairs service would test-drive your car to assimilate the problems with the transmission. This would mean additional time to diagnose the problem.
Questions to ask the Car transmission service:
If the transmission is getting replaced you should know the warranty policy. The standard warranty in the industry is 12 months or 12000 miles whichever comes first. You can purchase an extended warranty of 24 months or 24000 miles or even a 3 year/36000-mile warranty.
It is always advisable that the car transmission service is a member of Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association.