There are different kinds of materials used for flooring and paving and these include stone, concrete, granite, brick and others. But out of all these, if one has to choose a particular kind to pave the space around the swimming pool or use for paving the floors of an apartment then the best option would be choosing the concrete. This is something that has been tested by homeowners worldwide as this is a sure shot way to provide a safe area to children for their games as well as ensure the durability of the structure. Granite is actually the best thing that you can use to pave the structures because granite pavers are a once extremely durable as well as being able to produce the kind of effect that one expects at the poolside. Check out the things you should keep in mind before you go in for paving your swimming pool or floors.
Things you should keep in mind when you are going in for paving your swimming pool:
- The prime feature that these granite pavers produce is that they are extremely safe to tread on. They not only produce the kind of effect that one needs at swimming pools but they also make sure that the kids stumble or slip while they are having a pool party. They are extremely great for people with small kids as they will be less prone to fall on granite than on other materials.
- The second feature that granite pavers imbibe is that they are highly resistant to wear and tear. The poolside or the pathway leading to it might be called a busy area because it receives lot of footfalls as well as water and it is highly necessary that one pave these with stones that will not give way to wear and tear easily. Granite is one the most if not the most durable stone available and is thus suited for the same.
- If one is thinking of paving the floors with other materials like marble for shiny surfaces, then one is in for a big pocket pinch. When thinking of the right material for your pool or floors you should always be thinking about the kind of value for money it ensures. This is because one cannot remodel the areas every now and then as it will cost a huge lot of money. If the mortar method is available for granite paving, then one is better off opting for it than anything else.
- Easy installation and repairs are attributes that can only be applied to granite flooring. There are multiple causes for the same but the primary reason lies in the durability of the stones as they need a lot less repair than other stones. Installation is pretty easy as well and will cost you less than other things.
- The possibilities of designing your own pavers are endless. The designs available are really versatile and you can make sure that you fit in the pavers with the rest of the scheme of the house. There are various kinds of pavers with different textures, sizes, shapes etc. You can choose granite pavers to design your own pool as well. Make sure that it fits your budget and do not go overboard with the designs. After all they are utilitarian in nature.
- Try to determine your need before you hire someone for paving the entire pathway, swimming pool and steps leading to the pool. It will cost you quite a bit because generally renovations related to paving cost quite a lot but it will also serve you in the future.