Lay flat hose is a hose that is used to transport, use, handle and store giant volumes of liquids like water, oil and other chemicals. Most commonly, there are two main types of lay flat hoses used for industrial purposes. They include the woven reinforcement hoses and the braided ones with spun reinforcement. Both of these are used according to their usage and requirement of the project.
Materials used for lay flat hoses
It is important to note that lay flat hoses are often constructed with thermoplastic polyurethane
(TPU) with a combination of nitrile rubber. Since these hoses are developed keeping in mind enhanced inner reinforcement, extrusion in them is created with the help of a unique method called weave method. Further, by making use of a rubber cover, the hose is bonded much strongly to ensure reinforcement.
If you are confused when choosing a particular type of material, then you must first understand your industrial requirement. However, you must know that nitrile rubber is much better than PVC, as it is three times more abrasion resistant. TPU is the finest of all and even better than nitrile rubber. Thus, it is best to have a good knowledge about all the types of materials so that you are able to choose the most appropriate one.
Reasons to choose lay flat hoses
If you have always thought about the importance of lay flat hoses, then you will find a best answer here. Below mentioned are some of the core reasons or the benefits of lay flat hoses due to which they are much preferred in the modern days.
- To start with, the lay flat hose provides a complete support to all the hydraulic fracking activities. Therefore, it helps in the relocation of huge quantities of water.
- It is a fact that these lay flat hoses are constructed in many different designs and structures. As a result, they require the minimum level of elongation and snaking. In addition to this, these hoses also improve the operational efficiency.
- Whenever there is a need to transfer the recycle water or flow backwater, lay flat hoses are the first options. These hoses are most commonly used for these purposes across the globe.
- The best feature of these hoses is that they ensure health and safety exposure reduction. With a lay flat hose, your stay completely safe at all times and you can be ensured about good quality of service.
- Since the hoses help in minimizing the material handling costs and decreased labor, it ultimately helps in saving your many dollars.
Range of industrial lay flat hoses
When you explore these types of hoses, you will be in a better position to see that these are available in various ranges. The range of lay flat hoses include fire hoses, irrigation hoses, compressed air hoses, drinking water hoses, slurry drag hoses, pipe rehabilitation linings, dewatering hoses, heavy-duty transfer hoses and few others.
When buying lay flat hoses, you need to ensure that you get them from a reputed supplier or manufacturer. It will also be best to check for any cuts or nicks in the hose before buying them. While there are a lot of brands available in the market, go for a brand that has been there for some time. While local lay flat hoses will definitely be cheaper, you can never be sure of their durability, which is why you should stay clear of them. Of course, asking your friends or family to suggest you a trustworthy lay flat hose supplier would make the task a lot easier.