A Ute vehicle is used for carrying heavy equipment and loads to different work sites. You need to think of getting a Ute tool box installed in your Ute vehicle as this can help you in transporting besides organizing your tools when required. When you buy a Ute tool box, apart from the durability and strength of the tools that can be stored in these boxes, you must also identify the compatibility and the size of the box, the weather-proof features and the external measurement of the boxes which can store gadgets of different sizes. When you install a toolkit anywhere in your home, then you must also work out about the crossover, sliding, chest and tailgate features to understand whether your Ute toolboxes can accommodate all your needs.
Considerations before you opt for a Ute tool box
- External size taken into consideration:
Size is one of the most important factors to be taken into consideration before you choose a Ute tool box. You need to make sure that it can accommodate all your tools.
- You can start off by taking the required inventory of your tools which can give you a fair idea of the space required.
- The second step here is to find out the availability of space on your work or ute trailer. Opting for one which does not fit into your vehicle is the last thing you would like to face.
- Most of Ute tool boxes are listed with the dimensions. This can help you determine if it will fit your vehicle. 1200mm units seem to work well for a perfect balance between the tray space and box, but this depends on what you require. The Ute tool boxers are available in small, medium and large sizes so that you can accommodate a large number of items inside the box.
- The Weight
A typical Ute toolbox can weigh up to 15 kgs, while a steel toolbox with a full door can be of 50kgs. This can make all the difference to the economy of fuel in your vehicle, if you want to install one in your car, and in other cases, you can also use aluminum Ute tool boxes for your domestic use. Steel is considered as one of the materials which can offer security to the maximum, while aluminum is apt where the weight is concerned, but since this can be bent or cut is not able to provide the required security.
- Internal Space
Certain tools of different sizes are required for certain industries depending on the job. These tools require the right allocation of space and the internal space can be helpful in the organizing these tools and also retrieve them when the need arises. This helps a great deal in saving time in the long run.
- Rust proofing
- As said earlier, steel boxes are heavier as compared to aluminium, but aluminium boxes do not rust. While opting for one, make sure to find out the powder coat quality, ensuring this is rust-resistant. The locks, too, need to be of stainless steel which can prevent the rusting of movable parts.
- While you secure the Ute tool box to your vehicle, you need to be sure that there is no water between the tray and the box as, for sure, the life span of the product will be shortened.
- Make sure the tool box has enough of lifting points as these are heavy and it is just not possible to life them from one vehicle to another without these lifting points.
Ute tool boxes can also be customized with kincrome and you can also stick decals on these boxes. If you do not have ute tool boxes for everyday use, you can also buy resale ute tool boxes, if the boxes are still strong. So get the perfect Ute storage tool box which fulfill all your tools need.