This might be one of the most strenuous tasks that you may have to go through in your entire life time, but this is also one of the most important tasks wherein you get an opportunity to express what you feel for your loved one who is no more with making headstone. This requires patience and effort so that your words could express exactly how you feel. You can experience a feeling of joy and comfort when you are sure that you choose the right words. Listed below few points could help you with the difficult task.
- You need to ensure that you’re not rushed into choosing the words even if the time taken is a bit too much. There is absolutely no reason for you to feel guilty.
- Make sure you have a family member who understands your feelings to help you out with this.
- Think of a carving instead of the usual ‘in loving memory of’ which has become a bit too common and seems to have lost its value.
- You also need to avoid too many words that seem cluttered and confusing. A simple short message could say it all for you. If, sadly, the memorial is for a small child then you need to ensure that you include dates on the inscription.
- There is no requirement of the list of attributes as you can sum it up in small sentence.
- Consider using an epitaph which can create an impact on all those who read it, like a line from a poem.
- If you intend to be witty you need to be clever enough and make sure that it has the same impact for the years to come.
- Don’t get stuck with your own ideas, be open in accepting different ideas and then make a choice.
- Look for a letterform and design which can stand the test of time without it losing its charm with the passage of time.
- Finally, you also need to look for experience where the letter-cutter is concerned. You can also be advised right if there are any confusion. It is better to use a hand-carved headstone compare dot a template as you get the freedom of using much more space. You need to remember that there are no rules when this is concerned and no right or wrong, you can express what you really feel.
Headstones inscriptions for lifelong
Keeping in mind that ‘less is more’, you need to keep the inscription short and sweet. With a number of designs available these days, you will come across some designs that can speak more than words can. Think of the touch factor and a headstone which is smooth and can spread the warmth required when you touch it. Consider the material that you will be using because this can help to set the length of the inscription. If you decide on Portland you will need to know that the inscriptions will have to be very short to allow bold and big lettering. With limestone you cannot think of small and delicate italics. You can consider carving the epitaph on the top instead of the front. There is no hard and fast rule concerning this. Keep all the factors in mind but ensure that you are guided by your heart and keep practicality and logic on the side. This is very personal and the individual concerned cannot go wrong. Make sure that you are not influenced by anyone. You can sit with your stone mason and work in close collaboration taking your own sweet time. Please contact us today, if you are thinking to make your loved ones memory becomes immortal with the inscriptions then this is the right place.