Medals are the perfect way to recognize outstanding performance in any field. Olympic medals are probably the best example of that. Besides being a great way for recognition, they save on costs too, as they are cheaper than trophies.
There are a lot of medal makers that can actually help you out with quality products for your college, university, or community competitions. Search for a good medal maker begins once you have a clear vision of what you want. Here are the steps involved in getting medals made.
- Design it : The first step involved in medal making is to design it. If you desire for a simple medal, then you can design it on your own by using simple Photoshop skills. However, if you want to create a brand, or want to create something memorable, then it’s better to hire a designer to do the job. Any good designer will do the task.
While hiring a designer, make sure you convey your vision correctly to avoid delay, and inflated design costs. Every design signifies a story. Think about what you want to convey through the medals. It could be integrity in sports, or a never-say-die attitude. Your medals should reflect that.
- Decide the material : Once you are done with the design, now is the time to decide the material. If budget is an issue, then simply go for plastic medals that comes in gold, silver, and bronze coating. In plastic too, there are different varieties available. Talk to the maker of medals to get more information on that. If you want something sturdier, then go for metal instead. Again, metal is painted to look like gold, silver, and bronze. Metal is heavier than plastic and feels good hanging around the neck. Of course, it is more costly than plastic.
- Find a good maker of medals
Ask your friends, and people in your network to suggest you some reliable medal makers. There are so many medal makers in the city that one can get confused as to who to choose. However, a thumb rule is to go with experience. Someone who has been in the industry for more than three years is likely to do a good job.
If you run a school, you can ask other schools to suggest you someone good and reliable. In fact, ask that school whose medals you really like.
- Don’t forget to negotiate : Don’t settle for the first price that is quoted to you. Negotiate a little on the price front. Negotiation will be much easy when you have a potentially large order. Thus, if you need medals for a school sports tournament that you organize every year, it is prudent to buy medals for three years in one go. That way, you will get bulk discounts from most makers.
- Don’t compromise on quality : Negotiating on the price front is one thing, but don’t compromise with quality by focusing on price only. Quality is even more important. Always look for value for money instead of settling for the cheapest vendor that you can find. Often, cheapest is often the worst that can put a serious dent in your brand.
There are a lot of vendors making medals. However, be diligent when choosing one. Research online, go through user reviews, and go through referrals to make sure your money is well spent. If you are looking for the best quality medals, then be sure to check out our best quality medals and get gold, silver & bronze ranges Medals now.