“The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” Being parents is one great wish of any happy couple. But, what worries the most is what you should do to give the best to you child. From which food to give that will keep him/her healthy to which clothes to make him/her wear that will give her warmth and comfort. You even make sure to provide the best bed that will give him/her a cozy and comfortable sleep. When you become parents for the first time there are a lot new things to learn and take care of to grow your children. Even choosing the best bed for your child is a lesson to learn, as the choice should be made keeping in mind your baby boy/girl.
Here are few tips that will help you while choosing the right bed for your little angel.
- Select a bed that is protected and fenced: When you feel it is time for your baby boy/girl to graduate from a cot to children’s beds, it is actually time for him/her to stand-up, run and do some “monkey jumping” on the bed! For these reasons you will have to make sure that the bed is well-fenced and protected. You can even look for toddler beds, as they have high sides and also comes in various shapes, like spaceship, sports car, princess castles. These look quite attractive and also add to your little angels appeal.
- Select the right mattress : The day you decide to go for mattress shopping for your baby boy/girl make sure you take him/her along for “test rest”. Choose a number of mattresses that you feel will suit your child. Your selections of mattresses can range from, foam, air or even flotation [water mattress], anything that suits your child and also your budget. Also make sure that you purchase a sturdy mattress for a healthy growth of your child.
- Select a bed as per the size and weight of your kid : When you choose children’s beds make sure it can take the weight and height of your child. Children at this age are restless and tend to jump around and play in the bed itself, thereby having a hardy bed will protect your child from getting injured.
- Keep the design of the bed simple : When you are purchasing children’s beds, make sure you do not try to get anything that has pointed edges. Kids at such small age are restless and curious. Therefore, having pointed edges increases the chances for them to get hurt.
- Avoid purchasing beds having big slat space: Curious babies are difficult to predict. They are always up to trying something adventurous, but to avoid mishaps make sure you purchase children’s bed that have small slat space. This will help you to protect your baby’s arms and legs from getting stuck unintentionally.
- Make your child’s bed is decoration free : The idea of decorating children’s beds with bows or strings is a No…No! By doing this you are bringing your baby closer to harm’s way. It may happen that in your absence the bows or the strings catch your baby’s attention and playing with it he/she tangles her hands, legs or even neck. Hence, it is advisable that you do not try anything fancy with your kid’s bed.
You child is the ‘apple of your eye’! Thus, the safety of your child is in your graceful hands. You can keep your child safe and protected and ensure good sleep by choosing the right bed. The above mentioned points are an additional support to help you fulfill your responsibilities better. Please see more for getting the best children’s beds here.