If you invest in buying a car and do not look after it then it will be like asking for big time trouble. You should never wait for a break down to take your car to the mechanic for servicing. Servicing on a regular basis will work as an assurance of no major expenses in the near future. If you are lax about servicing then you cannot blame your car if it breaks down. Might be a little heavy on the pocket, but servicing is important for smooth running of your vehicle.
Car Service is Important
Car service is absolutely essential as it ensures that you get a better performance from your car for a long time without any major problems. The costs of servicing works out better as compared to what you might have to spend when there is a major breakdown. A good car service will also make it dependable to take it out for long drives without any hassles. In short, car servicing saves money, time and energy in the long run. By checking your car manual, you will get a fair idea about all that is to be checked on a regular basis, but given below is a list to help you further.
- Lights and tire pressure should be checked on a monthly basis.
- Oil change with filter, chassis lubrication should be regularly done every three to four months, or after every three thousand to five thousand miles.
- While changing oil, you should also get the hoses and belts inspected.
- You need to make sure that the wheels are properly aligned.
- Checking brakes should not be overlooked.
- After every 12,000 to 24,000 miles the air filter should be replaced.
- The fuel filter needs to be changed after 24,000 to 100,000 miles.
- During this time you need to service the automatic transmissions.
- Wheel alignment should be checked every 12,000 miles to 24,000 miles.
- The cooling system to be flushed and refilled after 40,000 to 100,000 miles.
- Hoses and belts should be replaced after five to eight years, or after 60,000 to 100,000 miles.
- The timing belt should also be replaced at the same time.
- The air conditioning should be checked.
With the increase in number of mechanics, there is a lot of competition in the market. This is why you need to do your research well in advance before you decide to hire services of any one. Find out exactly what is included in the services and the rates accordingly. This will make sure that you are not cheated. Comparing rates of different mechanics will help you to make a better decision. Make sure you opt for a mechanic with enough experience in servicing cars. As said, when dealing in cars, ‘preventive maintenance’ is the right step as compared to waiting for a complete breakdown. This is when you might be heading for big time trouble and might have to discard your car in junk.
Servicing your car at the right time adds value to the car. This also helps in smooth running without breakdowns. Finding the right service center to cater to your requirements is an important step. It is important to get your service book stamped by the garage, so that you can preplan the next service. This will always keep you updated on what all has been changed and repaired in your car.
Finding a garage which can offer you all the services at affordable rates without compromising on the quality is what you should be looking for. Click here now and get further information about Car Service.